Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of ceder's message #9581488 « C/Y 1.4/35 aperture-lever & 5DII?? »

ceder
Upload & Sell: Off
C/Y 1.4/35 aperture-lever & 5DII??

Hi,
I am going to fit a Contax Zeiss 35mm f/1.4 MMJ on an EOS 5D MkII, and have been reading the "official thread". However, tips regarding 1.4/35 on 5D seems to be for either the Rollei version or the AE version. The MMJ has no rubber or screws (blue arrow) to adjust the focus/infinity setting. In addition to the retainment-ring-fin (green arrow), the MM also has a lever for the aperture (red arrow). In order for the mirror not to hit the lens, I guess I have to sand down both the "fin" and the "lever"? However, if I apply pressure to the lever, it may bend some internal structures - and perhaps destroy the function of the aperture? How did you guys get rid of the lever??

And, has anyone tried the Leitax mount on the C/Y 1.4/35?

(Hope the image shows up)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cederfoto/5715260093/in/photostream

May 19, 2011 at 06:38 PM
ceder

Hi,
I am going to fit a Contax Zeiss 35mm f/1.4 MMJ on an EOS 5D MkII, and have been reading the "official thread". However, tips regarding 1.4/35 on 5D seems to be for either the Rollei version or the AE version. The MMJ has no rubber or screws (blue arrow) to adjust the focus/infinity setting. In addition to the retainment-ring-fin (green arrow), the MM also has a lever for the aperture (red arrow). In order for the mirror not to hit the lens, I guess I have to sand down both the "fin" and the "lever"? However, if I apply pressure to the lever, it may bend some internal structures - and perhaps destroy the function of the aperture? How did you guys get rid of the lever??

May 19, 2011 at 06:38 PM
ceder

Hi,

May 13, 2011 at 11:45 AM

Previous versions of ceder's message #9581488 « C/Y 1.4/35 aperture-lever & 5DII?? »