Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of denoir's message #9463326 « Battle of the Fifties »

denoir
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Battle of the Fifties

alundeb wrote:
Yes it is lacking, easy to see in #2, but some the subject is very high contrast to start with in #1.
Lets stick to where we have comparison shots for different lenses, the brick wall and the church, and it is clear that the "distance" card not be played to nullify those results as for the application in environmental portraits.

If you can't see that it's especially #2 that shows very high micro contrast then well, we then we can't be using the same definition of micro contrast.

But I agree, end of discussion - although not really for the reason you mention. I usually recommend people NOT to buy the Planar because they are likely to be disappointed as they are unlikely to know how to use it and recognize where its strengths are. Your responses here have proven that my approach is quite correct in not giving out a general recommendation.

Apr 03, 2011 at 07:01 PM
denoir

alundeb wrote:
Yes it is lacking, easy to see in #2, but some the subject is very high contrast to start with in #1.
Lets stick to where we have comparison shots for different lenses, the brick wall and the church, and it is clear that the "distance" card not be played to nullify those results as for the application in environmental portraits.

If you can't see that it's especially #2 that shows very high micro contrast then well, we then we can't be using the same definition of micro contrast.

But I agree, end of discussion - although not really for the reason you mention. I usually recommend people NOT to buy the Planar because they are likely to be disappointed as they are unlikely to know how to use it and where it's strengths are. Your responses here have proven that my approach is quite correct in not giving out a general recommendation.

Apr 03, 2011 at 07:01 PM
denoir

alundeb wrote:

But I agree, end of discussion - although not really for the reason you mention.

Apr 03, 2011 at 06:58 PM

Previous versions of denoir's message #9463326 « Battle of the Fifties »