Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of CGrindahl's message #8754624 « A Little Love for the 105 f/2.5 »

CGrindahl
Upload & Sell: On
A Little Love for the 105 f/2.5

I've commented on the fact that since the fine old Nikon glass is native to Nikon cameras, we can't honorably share photos taken with these lenses, while our compatriots shooting Canon et al are free to mount AI-s glass and share their images on the Alternate Gear forum. I think it is time we gave a little love ourselves to this venerable manual focus lens that so many members own and hold in high regard. When I dipped my toe into the Nikon water, the 105 f/2.8 AI-s was the third lens I bought, largely based on comments made by members of this board. I shot with it quite a bit but then as I began building my kit it stayed home more often than not. Today I took it out and did some shooting this afternoon. When I looked at the images, I knew I had to initiate a thread to give others the opportunity to sing the praises of this fine piece of glass. I know I'm not alone among users of the D700 in taking advantage of Nikon's collection of excellent manual focus lenses. It is time for us to celebrate!

This was the shot that got me thinking along these lines... Come on down folks and share your photos taken with this great lens!

Aug 16, 2010 at 05:11 AM
CGrindahl
Upload & Sell: On
A Little Love for the 105 f/2.5

I've commented on the fact that since the fine old Nikon glass is native to Nikon cameras, we can't honorably share photos taken with these lenses, which our compatriots shooting Canon et al are free to mount AI-s glass and share their images on the Alternate Gear forum. I think it is time we gave a little love ourselves to this venerable manual focus lens that so many members own and hold in high regard. When I dipped my toe into the Nikon water, the 105 f/2.8 AI-s was the third lens I bought, largely based on comments made by members of this board. I shot with it quite a bit but then as I began building my kit it stayed home more often than not. Today I took it out and did some shooting this afternoon. When I looked at the images, I knew I had to initiate a thread to give others the opportunity to sing the praises of this fine piece of glass. I know I'm not alone among users of the D700 in taking advantage of Nikon's collection of excellent manual focus lenses. It is time for us to celebrate!

This was the shot that got me thinking along these lines... Come on down folks and share your photos taken with this great lens!

Aug 16, 2010 at 01:25 AM

Previous versions of CGrindahl's message #8754624 « A Little Love for the 105 f/2.5 »