Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Bifurcator's message #8672361 « Moon By Lens (100% crops) »

Bifurcator
Upload & Sell: On
Moon By Lens.

The moon can be a pretty good indication of several attributes of a lens. So with that here's a thread that attempts to demonstrate how various lenses perform at the task of photographing the moon. Any lens can play. All you need is a 100% crop of the moon from the lens and a picture of the lens itself - or links thereof.

Here's a few to start it off and I'll throw the first gauntlet with an image from a $50 telescope:

Camera: GH1, Mizar 68mm f=1000 (1961), f/10.0, 1/40s, ISO 200,
100% crop is here.

And I don't yet have a picture of my copy of this scope just yet but here it is photographed by another:

Original thread is here.

Jul 19, 2010 at 06:40 PM
Bifurcator
Upload & Sell: On
Moon By Lens.

The moon can be a pretty good indication of several attributes of a lens. So with that here's a thread that attempts to demonstrate how various lenses perform at the task of photographing the moon. Any lens can play. All you need is a 100% crop of the moon from the lens and a picture of the lens itself - or links thereof.

Here's a few to start it off and I'll throw the first gauntlet with an image from a $50 telescope:

Camera: GH1, Mizar 68mm f=1000 (1961), f/10.0, 1/40s, ISO 200,
100% crop is here.

And I don't yet have a picture on my copy of this scope just yet but here it is photographed by another:

Original thread is here.

Jul 19, 2010 at 06:03 PM

Previous versions of Bifurcator's message #8672361 « Moon By Lens (100% crops) »