Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of freaklikeme's message #8668408 « Canon FL/FD/LTM/EF Images »

freaklikeme
Upload & Sell: Off
Canon FL/FD/LTM Images

So I got over my small camera phobia when a friend of mine showed me how much fun he\'s having with FD and Canon rangefinder lenses on his GF1. I went with Oly for the in-body IS and and an E-P1 because I found one on the boards I thought was a good deal. Then I found an FD 50L. I really like this combo. The adapted 50 is just under three inches long and not particularly thick (filter size is 52mm and it doesn\'t flare out much more over the rest of the body). While solid, it\'s not so heavy that it feels wrong on the camera. It actually balances quite nicely. So much so, in fact, that I scrapped my plan to pick up a Canon LTM 25 and went with the FD 24/2, which is roughly the same size and weight of the 50.

Anyway, first two are from the 50, ORF conversions straight from the camera, wide open. The last was converted to B&W with Silver EFEX.

Please share your experiences with the FD and rangefinder lines.

Aug 20, 2010 at 01:16 AM
freaklikeme
Upload & Sell: Off
Canon FD/LTM Images

So I got over my small camera phobia when a friend of mine showed me how much fun he\'s having with FD and Canon rangefinder lenses on his GF1. I went with Oly for the in-body IS and and an E-P1 because I found one on the boards I thought was a good deal. Then I found an FD 50L. I really like this combo. The adapted 50 is just under three inches long and not particularly thick (filter size is 52mm and it doesn\'t flare out much more over the rest of the body). While solid, it\'s not so heavy that it feels wrong on the camera. It actually balances quite nicely. So much so, in fact, that I scrapped my plan to pick up a Canon LTM 25 and went with the FD 24/2, which is roughly the same size and weight of the 50.

Anyway, first two are from the 50, ORF conversions straight from the camera, wide open. The last was converted to B&W with Silver EFEX.

Please share your experiences with the FD and rangefinder lines.

Jul 18, 2010 at 01:48 AM

Previous versions of freaklikeme's message #8668408 « Canon FL/FD/LTM/EF Images »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.