Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of hardlyboring's message #8386952 « Black & White (89 Images) »

hardlyboring
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Black & White (88 Images)

seriously!!!!
best I have ever seen from you ever

* I will edit my post to insert my new thoughts.

IMO here is why your film work will be different (and I think better) than your digital work.

Authenticity
This does matter, the way you explained it on the phone makes perfect sense. A Baines BW is never truly a Baines BW until it is shot on film. Your intentions are always to make the BW looks like film so unless it is shot on film, something will always feel like it is missing.

Look
Film looks different plain and simple. The untrained eye may never know or care about the difference but for those that will have you shoot film will be able to instantly tell the difference.

Skillz
Their is no playback button on the 1v. So it is either right or it is not right. This takes mad skills and a strong stomach. 95% of wedding photographers would never give up their digital cams because it just makes it sooo much easier.

Experience
Even though negatives can be scanned I would venture to say that you would meet with clients to go through printed proofs of the wedding. Yes some of us meet with clients afterwords and do a big projected slide show but actually seeing the proofs and negatives is so old fashion and romantic, a completely different experience.

You have inspired me to get out my film stuff and go to work. I have not shot film in so long that it will be interesting to see what I can come up with.

Simply Wow
doug

Apr 21, 2010 at 06:17 PM
hardlyboring
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Black & White (88 Images)

seriously!!!!
best I have ever seen from you ever
we seriously have to talk about you doing some film at my wedding!
freakin nuts on this set.
wowzers
doug

Apr 21, 2010 at 02:58 PM

Previous versions of hardlyboring's message #8386952 « Black & White (89 Images) »