Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of cogitech's message #8037410 « FD 85/1.2 SSC Asph. to EOS Guide »

cogitech
Upload & Sell: Off
FD 85/1.2 SSC Asph. to EOS Guide

DaFrunk wrote:

- sand down? = reduce its height? I understand infinity can't work without the last rear element. Do you mean the trick is to polish it on sandpaper on a plane surface?

No!!! Do not sand the rear element, if that is what you mean.

He means you can reduce the thickness of the flange on the internal shroud (with sand paper), so that it does not add so much thickness between the base of the barrel and the new mount. My suggestion was to remove the internal shroud entirely, but his idea is to simply make its flange thinner. It is a good idea. Please refer to the 4th photo on page 1.

Jan 22, 2010 at 04:31 PM
cogitech
Upload & Sell: Off
FD 85/1.2 SSC Asph. to EOS Guide

DaFrunk wrote:

- sand down? = reduce its height? I understand infinity can't work without the last rear element. Do you mean the trick is to polish it on sandpaper on a plane surface?

No!!! Do not sand the rear element, if that is what you mean.

He means you can reduce the thickness of the flange on the internal shroud (with sand paper), so that it does not add so much thickness between the base of the barrel and the new mount. My suggestion was to remove the internal shroud entirely, but his idea is to simply make its flange thinner. It is a good idea.

Jan 22, 2010 at 04:28 PM

Previous versions of cogitech's message #8037410 « FD 85/1.2 SSC Asph. to EOS Guide »