Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of AlexTokyo's message #7108989 « FD 135/2 vs EF 135L »

AlexTokyo
Upload & Sell: Off
FD 135/2 - and vs EF 135L

The FD 135/2 is an interesting proposition since they can be bought for next to nothing. Conversion is easy (not rear element to play with), no mirror issue whatsoever on EOS. Only trick is to link the aperture mechanism, just like any other FD. Integrated hood is handy, and IQ is OK as far I can tell. I miss the EF 135/2 for a genuine comparison. This copy was made in 1989 BTW.

On 5DMkII

Taken with the lens at f/2. Focusing is tricky ...

First pic, just to see how smooth the bokeh was.

Sharpness "test", original pic, probably at f/5.6 or f/8.

100% crop (21MP)

Jun 07, 2009 at 01:34 PM
AlexTokyo
FD 135/2 - Interesting lens

The FD 135/2 is an interesting proposition since they can be bought for next to nothing. Conversion is easy (not rear element to play with), no mirror issue whatsoever on EOS. Only trick is to link the aperture mechanism, just like any other FD. Integrated hood is handy, and IQ is OK as far I can tell. I miss the EF 135/2 for a genuine comparison. This copy was made in 1989 BTW.

On 5DMkII

100% crop (21MP)

May 28, 2009 at 12:30 PM
AlexTokyo
FD 135/2 - Interesting conversion

On 5DMkII

100% crop (21MP)

May 24, 2009 at 10:56 AM

Previous versions of AlexTokyo's message #7108989 « FD 135/2 vs EF 135L »