Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of rafaelcasd's message #11419672 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

rafaelcasd
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I thought you may get a kick out of this: My D3 and D800 are very clean cameras, inside that is, the D3 needed several sensor cleanings when new, but it no longer needs any, I am very careful changing lenses, blowing the new lens clean before changing and never doing it in a dusty environment. I blow the sensor once in a while with canned air, which I would not recommend, but it works for me.

My D800 has simply been very clean since new, I have sensor cleaning turned off and only run the built in cleaning once in a couple of months, when I see a Little dust at f16 or higher.

Just cleaned the D3 by blowing canned air and it is perfect, the D800 was stubbornly refusing to release a few specs with built in cleaning and canned air. While downloading samples I forgot the cable was connected to the camera and dropped it about four feet, luckily onto padded carpet.

The shade took the hit, an HN24, it was mounted on a 62-52mm adapter on the 50mm 1.2. The shade was very bent and the adapter was now useless. Nothing else seemed bent or damaged.I was very worried and rushed out to test the camera at 1.2.

Happy to report the camera and lens are still perfectly good, the field is as flat as it ever was, all corners perform the same with the 50mm at 1.2. Best test I know for this.

The kicker is that the hit from the fall left the sensor perfectly clean!!

An accidental cleaning by Rafael CA, on Flickr

And the lens and camera perfectly aligned at 1.2, there is a fair amount of natural fog in this shot

After the fall at 1.2 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

I have told you before how sharp the 50mm is at 1.2, and that mine cannot be focused fully open with the indicator lights. Here is a crop, again with fog. 100% on Flickr.

After the fall at 1.2 crop by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Mar 16, 2013 at 08:13 PM
rafaelcasd

I thought you may get a kick out of this: My D3 and D800 are very clean cameras, inside that is, the D3 needed several sensor cleanings when new, but it no longer needs any, I am very careful changing lenses, blowing the new lens clean before changing and never doing it in a dusty environment. I blow the sensor once in a while with canned air, which I would not recommend, but it works for me.

My D800 has simply been very clean since new, I have sensor cleaning turned off and only run the built in cleaning once in a couple of months, when I see a Little dust at f16 or higher.

Just cleaned the D3 by blowing canned air and it is perfect, the D800 was stubbornly refusing to release a few specs with built in cleaning and canned air. While downloading samples I forgot the cable was connected to the camera and dropped it about four feet, luckily onto padded carpet.

The shade took the hit, an HN24, it was mounted on a 62-52mm adapter on the 50mm 1.2. The shade was very bent and the adapter was now useless. Nothing else seemed bent or damaged.I was very worried and rushed out to test the camera at 1.2.

Happy to report the camera and lens are still perfectly good, the field is as flat as it ever was, all corners perform the same with the 50mm at 1.2. Best test I know for this.

The kicker is that the drop from the fall left the sensor perfectly clean!!

And the lens and camera perfectly aligned at 1.2, there is a fair amount of natural fog in this shot

I have told you before how sharp the 50mm is at 1.2, and that mine cannot be focused fully open with the indicator lights. Here is a crop, again with fog. 100% on Flickr.

Mar 16, 2013 at 05:57 PM
rafaelcasd

The kicker is that with the fall the sensor is now perfectly clean!! from the fall.

Mar 16, 2013 at 04:56 PM

Previous versions of rafaelcasd's message #11419672 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »