Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of teseg's message #11406648 « Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens) »

teseg
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens)

colonelpurple wrote:
philip_pj wrote:
When you think about the the complaints re the price,

I have found virtually no one used to FF cameras is complaining about the price, it's more aps-c DSLR users and p&s camera users.

Yes. As a result, these APS-C consumers have not shot with FF nor processed FF files to understand the quality difference. Nor do they understand the FF price segmentation of existing hardware.

To me, price complaints are not complaints at all, just whining. Any business person knows to sell more units, just lower the price. I would assume a sophisticated consumer marketing company like Sony runs discreet choice modeling with all their new product lines to determine price elasticity and optimal price points to generate the greatest return. Most people don't understand it is a function of margin AND units sold, and there is an actual price point where any lower, the company gives away margin, any higher, sales drop to a point that lowers total margin generated.

I suspect the RX1 was determined to be quite price inelastic, up to a point.

Mar 11, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Previous versions of teseg's message #11406648 « Sony RX1 FF Mirrorless (fixed lens) »