Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11403869 « Just developed my first roll of film ever »

RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Just developed my first roll of film ever

+1 @ it is an opinion that is shared with Adams, etc.

I can also quote Adams @ score & composition as well, or I can tell you what his son shared with me regarding Adams' views (opinion) regarding digital photography (hint: he was all for it). But quoting Adams doesn't make anything a fact ... it means you know what Adams opinion was. It is a fact that Adams spent a lot of time & effort over the course of his career in his experimental/development/refinement of his methods & approaches in capture, developing and printing. It is a fact that his processes changed over the years in his quests (evidenced by prints made years apart, although originating from the same negative). Some of this was in concert with the changing chemistry that was available of the day as changes in the industry occurred.

It was Adams opinion that his approach was appropriate for his endeavors to garner full control of the processes involved ... all of them. He is well regarded and extended credence by many for his notable efforts, scientific approach and produced works.

There are some (fact) who love (opinion) the creativity of the darkroom and believe (opinion) it to be the holy grail of photography (opinion) and some (fact) who despise (opinion) its associated consistency challenges as a burden (opinion) that impedes their creativity due to being frustrated by it. They would prefer (opinion) to not have to contend with the burden and its inherent variability. In that regard, the absence of the darkroom burdens can be more liberating to the creativity of capture for some, even if they are then relegated to more standardized processing/finishing/printing by not embracing the darkroom.

Multiple opinions regarding the darkroom processes relevance on creativity exist. When I first was learning how to print in the darkroom, it was my (purist) opinion that Adams was a cheater ... THAT is a FACT. It is not a fact that Adams was a cheater, it is a fact that I held the opinion that Adams was a cheater. Personally, I chose to pour my creativity into capture (chromes) rather than fully embrace the burdens of the darkroom, even if that was counter to what others viewed (opinion) as the mecca for creativity.

Today, I view Adams methods differently than I once did and my opinion of him and his methods has changed. I can choose whether to embrace the darkroom (digital or analog) or camera as the mecca for creativity ... maybe even a little of both.

Bring on the pics.

Mar 09, 2013 at 10:29 PM
RustyBug

I can also quote Adams @ score & composition as well, or I can tell you what his son shared with me regarding Adams' views (opinion) regarding digital photography (hint: he was all for it). But quoting Adams doesn't make anything a fact ... it means you know what Adams opinion was. It is a fact that Adams spent a lot of time & effort over the course of his career in his experimental/development/refinement of his methods & approaches in capture, developing and printing. It is a fact that his processes changed over the years in his quests (evidenced by prints made years apart, although originating from the same negative). Some of this was in concert with the changing chemistry that was available of the day as changes in the industry occurred.

It was Adams opinion that his approach was appropriate for his endeavors to garner full control of the processes involved ... all of them. He is well regarded and extended credence by many for his notable efforts, scientific approach and produced works.

There are some (fact) who love (opinion) the creativity of the darkroom and believe (opinion) it to be the holy grail of photography (opinion) and some (fact) who despise (opinion) its associated consistency challenges as a burden (opinion) that impedes their creativity due to being frustrated by it. They would prefer (opinion) to not have to contend with the burden and its inherent variability. In that regard, the absence of the darkroom burdens can be more liberating to the creativity of capture for some, even if they are then relegated to more standardized processing/finishing/printing by not embracing the darkroom.

Multiple opinions regarding the darkroom processes relevance on creativity exist. When I first was learning how to print in the darkroom, it was my (purist) opinion that Adams was a cheater ... THAT is a FACT. Personally, I chose to pour my creativity into capture (chromes) rather than fully embrace the burdens of the darkroom, even if that was counter to what others viewed (opinion) as the mecca for creativity.

Today, I view Adams methods differently than I once did and my opinion of him and his methods has changed. I can choose whether to embrace the darkroom (digital or analog) or camera as the mecca for creativity ... maybe even a little of both.

Bring on the pics.

Mar 09, 2013 at 10:19 PM
RustyBug

Multiple opinions regarding the darkroom processes relevance on creativity exist. When I first was learning how to print in the darkroom, it was my (purist) opinion that Adams was a cheater ... THAT is a FACT. Personally, I chose to pour my creativity into capture (chromes) rather than fully embrace the burdens of the darkroom, even if that was counter to what others viewed (opinion) as the mecca for creativity.

Bring on the pics.

Mar 09, 2013 at 09:24 PM

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11403869 « Just developed my first roll of film ever »