Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Zichar's message #11402364 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

Zichar
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Manual Focus Nikon Glass

bruni wrote:

Curtis - I don\'t know what he\'s trying to prove - maybe it\'s that a $200 MF nikkor can hold it\'s own against the more expensive lenses. But what he\'s actually showing is that the lenses cannot be distinguished - the shots all look pretty much the same - in terms of sharpness, colour, contrast, bokeh etc. In fact - that\'s his point - they\'re indistinguishable - he\'s asking people to tell them apart and no-one can.

What\'s that about? There\'s something weird going on there. Now maybe I\'ve been at the sauce too much myself but I think my 105mm 2.5 AIS and 105 2.5P are different - never mind the difference with the zeiss. Putting aside sharpness and all the other qualities, just on colour - there\'s no way the colour of my zeiss looks like the nikon. The zeiss is generally warmer - but there are other differences too - and they\'re not subtle. Some people don\'t like that about the zeiss, they complain about the colours. Yet in all his tests there\'s no difference in colour? how could that be? (And so on with all the other qualities).

nah......no way ..... I\'m not buying it.

We all know the 105 is a great lens - and it\'s light and easy to use - and a screaming bargain. But the zeiss MP is a whole other creature - that\'s not taking away from the nikon - they just have different qualities. There\'s something very dodgy about tests that show they DON\'T have different qualities - that they\'re actually indistinguishable.

Maybe everyone needs to lay off the single malt for a while.

Every wee dram not drunk is money that goes towards the Zeiss?
When you do get it, I suppose you\'d be preoccupied for quite awhile.
I wouldn\'t having the 24PCE go around the world...
Just sayin\'

Mar 08, 2013 at 09:49 PM
Zichar
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Manual Focus Nikon Glass

bruni wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:
bruni wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:
Philippe, you could always add a 105 f/2.5 to your kit to cover that focal length at a considerably reduced price. INikkor MF lenses are still working for me.

Curtis - I don\'t know what he\'s trying to prove - maybe it\'s that a $200 MF nikkor can hold it\'s own against the more expensive lenses. But what he\'s actually showing is that the lenses cannot be distinguished - the shots all look pretty much the same - in terms of sharpness, colour, contrast, bokeh etc. In fact - that\'s his point - they\'re indistinguishable - he\'s asking people to tell them apart and no-one can.

What\'s that about? There\'s something weird going on there. Now maybe I\'ve been at the sauce too much myself but I think my 105mm 2.5 AIS and 105 2.5P are different - never mind the difference with the zeiss. Putting aside sharpness and all the other qualities, just on colour - there\'s no way the colour of my zeiss looks like the nikon. The zeiss is generally warmer - but there are other differences too - and they\'re not subtle. Some people don\'t like that about the zeiss, they complain about the colours. Yet in all his tests there\'s no difference in colour? how could that be? (And so on with all the other qualities).

We all know the 105 is a great lens - and it\'s light and easy to use - and a screaming bargain. But the zeiss MP is a whole other creature - that\'s not taking away from the nikon - they just have different qualities. There\'s something very dodgy about tests that show they DON\'T have different qualities - that they\'re actually indistinguishable.

ben Curtis - I don\'t know what he\'s trying to prove - maybe it\'s that a $200 MF nikkor can hold it\'s own against the more expensive lenses. But what he\'s actually showing is that the lenses cannot be distinguished - the shots all look pretty much the same - in terms of sharpness, colour, contrast, bokeh etc. In fact - that\'s his point - they\'re indistinguishable - he\'s asking people to tell them apart and no-one can.

ben

Every wee dram not drunk is money that goes towards the Zeiss?
When you do get it, I suppose you\'d be preoccupied for quite awhile.
I wouldn\'t having the 24PCE go around the world...
Just sayin\'

Mar 08, 2013 at 09:48 PM

Previous versions of Zichar's message #11402364 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.