Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Michael_Paris's message #11392780 « ICELAND: 30 DAYS in 60 IMAGES »

Michael_Paris
Upload & Sell: Off
ICELAND: 30 DAYS in 60 IMAGES

Hi folks,

While I\'m packing my gear for a new trip in Iceland (on monday), I thought that some of you might be interested in reading my 2012 roadtrip in the country.

After having presented you a \"full\" 2009 Roadtrip with about 2000 photos, I decided this time to limit myself to... only 60!

That\'s why I call this story : ICELAND: 30 DAYS in 60 IMAGES

It took a long time for editing as you can imagine...

But let me present you the background :

1 | I was a Canon guy since ever, but the D800 was just out at this time (june 2012) and I couldn\'t resist testing it.

These photos are made with both 5D markII and D800. I felt unconfortable with the D800 so didn\'t use it that much, and sold it just after the trip.

2 | I took my wife... and 20 months kid with me! This is not the easiest way to concentrate on landscape photography, but I\'m proud to having make it possible, it\'s great to have some photos of my little boy off the beaten tracks in iceland like on the hot lava of Eyjafjallajökull (thanks to my wife for bringing him up there on her back!). Imagine that we slept the 3 of us in the car during one month. Fortunatly the car was big, but beleive me, It was kind of an adventure : )

I like to spend some time back in France in writing the story, so I\'ll be happy if you don\'t only have a look at the photos only, but also read the story that I made translated by Roland Glasser my professional english translator for your pleasure.

You can even listen to piece of music for a real 3D Icelandic experience : )

The story starts like this:

It\'s always a pleasure to return to Reykjavik, a town that\'s made for strolling around, and where I feel very much at ease. The very day we arrived, I walked up toward the old hospital to photograph this neo-Gothic church, taking care to place the cathedral in the background. It was 11.25 pm on June 11, and the town was flooded with sunlight...

It continues here, but you must choose first your screen size:

http://international-photographer.com/gallery/iceland-gallery-2.htm

Hope you\'ll like this Icelandic trip!

Cheers,

Michael.

Mar 05, 2013 at 07:55 AM

Previous versions of Michael_Paris's message #11392780 « ICELAND: 30 DAYS in 60 IMAGES »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.