Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of StillFingerz's message #11391990 « Canon EF 24-70mm f/4L IS reviewed at Photozone »

StillFingerz
Upload & Sell: On
Re: 24-70 f/4 IS tests really well on photozone

RSA seems to ONLY be an issue while switched into 'Macro' mode and one feature that set's it apart from the other lenses mentioned; both Canon's and the Sigma above, is it's lighter weight, for some this fact is not trivial and might be a reason to buy.

Looking at the two f4 zooms another plus for the newer design is it's less crowded FLs, the 105 at the widest end, from 24-35, really jams everything together as opposed to the newer lens. Perhaps a small nit, but I like a wider/longer more evenly spaced out FLs as it allows for more exacting framing. Note, I shoot from a wheelchair and find this helpful, it is one factor in my lens must have feature list, YMMV

That said, the extra mm of the 105, it's cost at near half the price are quite attractive...once I pickup a body with lens correction I'll give my old beater 24-85 a go, see how it preforms before buying anything.

Jerry

Mar 05, 2013 at 02:58 AM

Previous versions of StillFingerz's message #11391990 « Canon EF 24-70mm f/4L IS reviewed at Photozone »