Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Dave_EP's message #11385570 « Stills from 4K video with the EOS-1D C »

Dave_EP
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Stills from 4K video with the EOS-1D C

Paul Mo wrote:
akivisuals wrote:
Why is it "lame"?

This is great - because it is something we should be debating. It's lame if they have pretensions of being Mr. Photographer, and try to pass off frame grabs as 'genuine' stills seen and taken with a photographer's eye.

Don't get me wrong, people can do what they like. But if someone is shooting video, taking frame grabs and then proclaiming themselves a great photographer, I'll mock them to the grave.

You see? It's the potential for deceit that's discomfiting.

And if it "IS" Mr Photographer doing the frame grabs, having framed the shot in the same way as they would for a photo, set the aperture for the desired DOF just like the photo, doing all the post production just like the photo, and wait a moment, err.... getting a better final picture than the one he grabbed using his still camera because some one blinked at exactly the wrong moment, is that still lame that they caught 24/25/30/50/60 frames per seconds instead of your 10 frames per second in the still camera?

Mar 02, 2013 at 01:30 PM

Previous versions of Dave_EP's message #11385570 « Stills from 4K video with the EOS-1D C »