Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of asiostygius's message #11379688 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

asiostygius
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I need to share a fact occurred to me during this last trip to Italy.
After torturing myself about which lenses to put in my bag I decided finally for the 16mm f/3.5 F ai'd; 20mm f/2.8 ais CPU'd, 55mm f/3.5 micro (lighter than the 55/2.8); 85mm f/1.8 K ai'd CPU'd + TC16A for reach if needed; and (shame on me!) a 24-120mm f/4 VR AF-S (a 3 in one lens - wide/normal/short tele).

Below is a graph accounting for lens use (MF vs. AF) in the 7 active shooting days.

Untitled-1 by labecoaves, on Flickr

In spite of the convenience of the AF zoom, its comparatively cheap feeling in the hand and the horrible plastic hood led me to use almost exclusively MF Nikkors after the two first days!
Those solid and metal lenses with smooth focus operation gave me a so much better feeling in my hands; slowing down but at the same time maximizing the fun of taking pictures.
Apart for some situations as BIFs and "nervous" or fast moving animals, I think that autofocus for me is becoming nearly irrelevant!
Sorry for my bad English!

Feb 27, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Previous versions of asiostygius's message #11379688 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »