Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of jcolwell's message #11371717 « 1D3 questions »

jcolwell
Upload & Sell: On
Re: 1D3 questions

Hi Ian,

The 1DIII has two continuous fps settings. By default, they\'re 3 fps and 10 fps. You can redefine either or both to; (low) 1 to 9 fps), and (hi) 2 to 10 fps.

The buffering capability is not as good as the 1DX and 1DIV, but it\'s way better than the 1DII. I generally streamed both RAW and small fine jpeg to the CF card. It was rarely a limit, although I switched to large JEG only, on a few times for motocycle racing - lots of bikes at high speed, in rapid succession. I normally kept the SD card unused for when I failed to be aware of how much space was left on the CF card ...

Shutter durability is as shutter durability does. It\'s a very robust system, but that\'s no guarantee that it won\'t fail on click one. At least, it\'s still serviced.

You should download the manual. Canon Canada and US both have it online. I can send you one by email if you have problems.

Cheers, Jim

P.S. you won\'t miss the FireWire connection.

... funny how some things seem to come in clusters. I subsequently posted some more comments in another current thread, that might be relevant. The longer you think about something, the more ideas you might come up with.

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1192448/0#11371786

Feb 24, 2013 at 02:48 PM
jcolwell
Upload & Sell: On
Re: 1D3 questions

Hi Ian,

The 1DIII has two continuous fps settings. By default, they\'re 3 fps and 10 fps. You can redefine either or both to; (low) 1 to 9 fps), and (hi) 2 to 10 fps.

The buffering capability is not as good as the 1DX and 1DIV, but it\'s way better than the 1DII. I generally streamed both RAW and small fine jpeg to the CF card. It was rarely a limit, although I switched to large JEG only, on a few times for motocycle racing - lots of bikes at high speed, in rapid succession. I normally kept the SD card unused for when I failed to be aware of how much space was left on the CF card ...

Shutter durability is as shutter durability does. It\'s a very robust system, but that\'s no guarantee that it won\'t fail on click one. At least, it\'s still serviced.

You should download the manual. Canon Canada and US both have it online. I can send you one by email if you have problems.

Cheers, Jim

P.S. you won\'t miss the FireWire connection.

Feb 24, 2013 at 02:12 PM

Previous versions of jcolwell's message #11371717 « 1D3 questions »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.