Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of PaulCal's message #11370973 « anyone been to newfoundland? »

PaulCal
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: anyone been to newfoundland?

I have been to Nfld several times, always on the west coast. Did make it as far as Gander one time. (I have been going for the fishing) I have also been to Gros Morne and up the northern peninsula several times. The scenery is fantastic. The weather is unpredictable, be prepared. When it rains it rains. And the bugs, well they invented the mosquito and black fly I am sure. It can be perversely hot or cold in mid summer. Last year was the worst drought they have had in years.
Camping is easy lots of provincial parks.
Nfld is a big remote place,you will travel miles without seeing even a gas station.
You were talking about starting in the codroy valley so I assume that means you are taking the Port Aux Basque ferry, driving from home. You can fly into Deer Lake as well, if that works. Any other questions let me know

Here is a couple from there:
Caribou crossing river where I was fishing

The fiords in Sally`s Cove

Feb 24, 2013 at 07:50 AM

Previous versions of PaulCal's message #11370973 « anyone been to newfoundland? »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.