Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of redisburning's message #11366087 « ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!) »

redisburning
Account locked
Re: ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Im just going to open up to anyone who wants to take a chance of talking me out of this.

I am in all likeliehood selling my M2 and ZM planar. I like the camera (like, I LOVE the camera but no budget for Lux ASPH means I will just buy another one later) but I'm not sold on the lens. For what I can get from that I will probably get an F3HP and the 50/2 Makro-Planar [well, sometime later].

here is what I think I get out of the MP:
1. better performance before f4; important to me since I have a phenomenal 50/3.5 macro which I can get copies of for 100 dollars a piece. so I need a lens for when that is not fast enough.
2. more IN YOUR FACE look. the ZM50P is soft and gentle and I want a lens with crunch.
3. I can adapt it to my Canon for when I want to shoot digital. granted this is rarely but I have a relative with a FF Nikon too.

can anyone give me a legitimate reason I shouldn't do this? I realize the Nikon will suck compared to an M2 (yes Ive had Nikon film cameras before) but I feel like I have an awful lot tied up in a lens I just dont get along with. Some people like Starry Night. I like First Days of Spring at the Strait of Hormusz, and I want a lens that reflects my counter-normal views of what good lenses are.

oh and here is an image from a Zeiss for your troubles:

Untitled by redisburning, on Flickr

Feb 22, 2013 at 05:04 AM
redisburning
Account locked
Re: ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

Im just going to open up to anyone who wants to take a chance of talking me out of this.

I am in all likeliehood selling my M2 and ZM planar. I like the camera (like, I LOVE the camera but no budget for Lux ASPH means I will just buy another one later) but I'm not sold on the lens. For what I can get from that I will probably get an F3HP and the 50/2 Makro-Planar.

here is what I think I get out of the MP:
1. better performance before f4; important to me since I have a phenomenal 50/3.5 macro which I can get copies of for 100 dollars a piece. so I need a lens for when that is not fast enough.
2. more IN YOUR FACE look. the ZM50P is soft and gentle and I want a lens with crunch.
3. I can adapt it to my Canon for when I want to shoot digital. granted this is rarely but I have a relative with a FF Nikon too.

can anyone give me a legitimate reason I shouldn't do this? I realize the Nikon will suck compared to an M2 (yes Ive had Nikon film cameras before) but I feel like I have an awful lot tied up in a lens I just dont get along with. Some people like Starry Night. I like First Days of Spring at the Strait of Hormusz, and I want a lens that reflects my counter-normal views of what good lenses are.

oh and here is an image from a Zeiss for your troubles:

Untitled by redisburning, on Flickr

Feb 22, 2013 at 05:01 AM

Previous versions of redisburning's message #11366087 « ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!) »