Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of surfnron's message #11357151 « FINALLY got out again, and a question. »

surfnron
Upload & Sell: On
FINALLY got out again, and a question.

It was cold for this area this morning, (About 17F when I left the house), but I went out anyway because it was the first time in a long while that I have been off and the light was good on the same day. First I visited a city park with 3 man made lakes. At lake 1 were some Ringneck Ducks, but they were in the shade, so I checked out the other lakes. 2 had no action at all, and 3 had some floaters way out in the middle. However, I did spy an odd shape in a tree on the other side, so I headed that way. It turned out to be a pair of RTHs perched on the same limb snuggled up to each other - I have not encountered 2 on the same branch before - courtship rituals?

A QUESTION: I don't normally shoot small birds unless they come to me, but many of you post great peep shots. How do you get close while out walking, (no blind possible)?

Exif should be attached, and as always C&C appreciated ~ Ron

Feb 18, 2013 at 04:38 PM

Previous versions of surfnron's message #11357151 « FINALLY got out again, and a question. »