Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of leighton w's message #11352452 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

leighton w
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Manual Focus Nikon Glass

OldProf wrote:
This is a huge and popular thread (although I think the pictures are repeated too many times).

I still use MF lenses from when I started photography in the late sixties. They are wonderful. Could we make a compilation of what are the best MF lenses in your opinion. I apologize if this has been compiled before.
Saba

Welcome Saba, you're right, this has been done before. In my opinion, all of the Nikkor lenses (except a couple) are worth owning. Once you start shooting them it becomes really difficult to pick favorites. And what's one person's favorite might not be someone else's. Most people on here will pick the primes over any of the zooms, but not me. I happen to really like the 50-135mm f3.5 AI-s and I consider it one of my favorites. And as they say a lot on forums YMMV.

We talk about "dessert island lenses" from time to time and among the ones I feel fairly confidant everyone would agree with are the...

28mm f2.8

50/55mm f1.2

85mm f1.4

105mm f2.5

135mm f/2

180mm f2.8 ED

300mm f4.5 ED

You'll notice that there are no zooms in this list!

Feb 16, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Previous versions of leighton w's message #11352452 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »