Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of naturephoto1's message #11344188 « M240 Full Res Samples »

naturephoto1
Upload & Sell: On
Re: M240 Full Res Samples

rscheffler wrote:
I agree, I think I'm more disappointed to learn about this than to see the banding issues.

The discussion about non-scrollable live view starts here.

And a somewhat concise, if not entirely revelatory answer as to why, is here.

For me it won't be a deal breaker because there are a number of aspects about the M240 that are considerable improvements over the M9 for my work. Obviously we each will have our own needs and expectations.

Ron,

I have 16 R lenses. This is a big deal to me. One of the lenses is the 28mm f2.8 Super Angulon PC which I got in part for stitching images. I also come from using large format Linhof and other 4" X 5" cameras. It would be nice to use a T/S lens on the M240. But, I decided to go for the Super Angulon instead due to its performance. I can see that anyone coming into using an M240 with a Canon or Nikon T/S lens will find this to be extremely limiting to try to use these lenses without being able to move the magnified area to assure proper focus and tilt (or swing).

Rich

Feb 12, 2013 at 08:54 PM
naturephoto1
Upload & Sell: On
Re: M240 Full Res Samples

rscheffler wrote:
I agree, I think I'm more disappointed to learn about this than to see the banding issues.

The discussion about non-scrollable live view starts here.

And a somewhat concise, if not entirely revelatory answer as to why, is here.

For me it won't be a deal breaker because there are a number of aspects about the M240 that are considerable improvements over the M9 for my work. Obviously we each will have our own needs and expectations.

Ron,

I have 16 R lenses. This is a big deal to me. One of the lenses is the 28mm f2.8 Super Angulon PC. I also come from using large format Linhof and other 4" X 5" cameras. It would be nice to use a T/S lens on the M240. But, I decided to go for the Super Angulon instead due to its performance. I can see that anyone coming into using an M240 with a Canon or Nikon T/S lens will find this to be extremely limiting to try to use these lenses without being able to move the magnified area to assure proper focus and tilt (or swing).

Rich

Feb 12, 2013 at 08:51 PM

Previous versions of naturephoto1's message #11344188 « M240 Full Res Samples »