Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of KZinnack's message #11334705 « Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel »

KZinnack
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Mustangs Air to Air: The Sequel

Well, It's been a good run but sadly all good things must come to an end. Alas we are apparently being "lashed by a major blizzard" and are experiencing a "storm of historic proportions" that will no doubt be recalled in the future as an "epic snowfall." With unending descriptive statements such as these I can only conclude that the world will surely end for those of us in the Northeast.

As further proof of the impending Armageddon one only has to stroll through the local grocery store where throngs of wild-eyed shoppers are stocking up on essentials such as TV dinners, bags of salty snacks and frozen pizzas. I truly felt the fool standing in line with only a clove of garlic, 4 jalapenos, a bunch of fresh cilantro, and an image of fresh chili in my mind.

Mark, I truly appreciate your brave face proclaiming your love of a good snowstorm in spite of being directly in the "maw of the beast" with your residence being east of I-495. I can only presume you won't make it past midnight.

Yikes! I have lived in New England most of my life...I've survived untold snowstorms including the famed "blizzard of '78" but I can't ever remember this much hype for a storm. It seems every media venue is trying to deliver the most dire prediction possible and most of the public is buying it. My quotes above are actual statements by the talking heads on television. Personally, I'm making chili...lots of it because I have to work tomorrow and I'll have 8 guys instead of 4 on duty. Tonight I'm gonna shovel and really early tomorrow I'll use the backhoe to clear everything before leaving for work. If it's really bad in the morning I may put the chains on my truck so I can get to work. Heck, by Sunday night this storm will be just a bunch of snow piles on the side of the road.

Sorry about the rant...Mark, can I send you some chili?

Feb 08, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Previous versions of KZinnack's message #11334705 « Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel »