Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Bifurcator's message #11334455 « Mac users with lots of RAM (Speed Up Tip) »

Bifurcator
Upload & Sell: On
Mac users with lots of RAM (Speed Up Tip)

Yeah, I haven't restarted my machine since I did so for that 0-RAM crash test and the image folder of 1,068 images (as well as everything else) is still cached even now, about 14 hours later. The amount of RAM in use always seems to return to around 4 or 5 GB after pretty much anything.

With Mail, iTunes, and 20 tabs in Safari.

Feb 08, 2013 at 09:03 PM
Bifurcator

Yeah, I haven't restarted my machine since I did so for that 0-RAM crash test and the image folder of 1,068 images (as well as everything else) is still cached even now, about 14 hours later. The amount of RAM in use always seems to return to around 4 or 5 GB after pretty much anything.

Feb 08, 2013 at 08:54 PM
Bifurcator

Yeah, I haven't restarted my machine since I did so for that 0-RAM crash test and the image folder of 1,068 images it still cached even now, about 14 hours later. The amount of RAM in use always seems to return to around 4 or 5 GB after pretty much anything.

Feb 08, 2013 at 08:51 PM

Previous versions of Bifurcator's message #11334455 « Mac users with lots of RAM (Speed Up Tip) »