Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of rafaelcasd's message #11334343 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

rafaelcasd
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Manual Focus Nikon Glass

saph wrote:

Rafael, your scenery from California is always neat. Cool new acquisition of the 5cm 1.4S. That really can be AI'd?

Samy, it is not a 5cm 1.4 S it is a 5cm 2.0 S, this is the first lens that came out with the new nikon F reflex camera in 1959. The 5.8CM followed and was active for a couple of years, then in 1961 or 1962 the 5cm 1.4S came out and the 5cm 2.0H replaced the S. This is a seven element lens as sharp wide open as the current 1.8G, it does not become as sharp as the 1.8G as you close it down, but it is sharp enough and has a really interesting look at 2.0. It cannot be factory ai converted with a ring, but the aperture ring be cut into working in ai mode with current cameras.
Rafael

PS, I will be photographing this event tonight with the D800 and the 50-300mm ED

Nations of San Diego International Dance Festival at the Coronado Performing Arts Center.

http://www.nationsdancefestival.com/

I was given full freedom to select my place to photograph from. There will be many diffferent world dance groups. Found an exit door where I can set my tripod, get a good angle, I won't be blocking it as I will be the first one out if need be.
I thought about using the D3 and the 80-200mm 2.8 ED ais, to minimize file size and get a faster aperture. But I tend to defocus the single lens ring when zooming, with the 50-300mm I can zoom and focus separately and get far more focused shots. I will be spending a lot of time post processing several hundred photos, but what can I do, if I had a D4 I would use that.

Love this one Ray
85mm 1.4 AIS

Feb 08, 2013 at 08:11 PM
rafaelcasd

saph wrote:

Rafael, your scenery from California is always neat. Cool new acquisition of the 5cm 1.4S. That really can be AI'd?

Samy, it is not a 5cm 1.4 S it is a 5cm 2.0 S, this is the first lens that came out with the new nikon F reflex camera in 1959. The 5.8CM followed and was active for a couple of years, then in 1961 or 1962 the 5cm 1.4S came out and the 5cm 2.0H replaced the S. This is a seven element lens as sharp wide open as the current 1.8G, it does not become as sharp as the 1.8G as you close it down, but it is sharp enough and has a really interesting look at 2.0. It cannot be factory ai converted with a ring, but the aperture ring be cut into working in ai mode with current cameras.
Rafael

PS, I will be photographing this event tonight with the D800 and the 50-300mm ED

Nations of San Diego International Dance Festival at the Coronado Performing Arts Center.

I was given full freedom to select my place to photograph from. There will be many diffferent world dance groups. Found an exit door where I can set my tripod, get a good angle, I won't be blocking it as I will be the first one out if need be.
I thought about using the D3 and the 80-200mm s.8 ED ais, to minimize file size and get a faster aperture. But I tend to defocus the single lens ring when zooming, with the 50-300mm I can zoom and focus separately and get far more focused shots. I will be spending a lot of time post processing several hundred photos, but what can I do, if I had a D4 I would use that.

Love this one Ray
85mm 1.4 AIS

Feb 08, 2013 at 08:09 PM
rafaelcasd

saph wrote:

Rafael

I thought about using the D3 and the 80-200mm s.8 ED ais, to minimize file size and get a faster aperture. But I tend to defocus the single lens ring when zooming, with the 50-300mm I can zoom and focus separately and get far more focused shots. I will be spending a lot of time post processing several hundred photos, but what can I do, if I had a D4 I would use that.

Love this one RAy
85mm 1.4 AIS

Feb 08, 2013 at 08:09 PM
rafaelcasd

saph wrote:

Rafael

Feb 08, 2013 at 08:07 PM

Previous versions of rafaelcasd's message #11334343 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »