Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of sjms's message #11327748 « GPS any one? »

sjms
Upload & Sell: On
Re: GPS any one?

when referenced on a map it is quite easy to extrapolate from the position of the shooter to its target. of course the longer the distance you take your shot from the greater the error. this is to be expected. I use the gps at locations for tracking and shots are generally relative short distance from camera to objective so error is minimal. some gps units will freeze the last known position when you entered an area of signal loss and use said position as an approximation that is again enough to give a good reference of where you shot the image. most maps will also allow you to reposition your image on the map if you need/want to and will then re-coordinate as needed.

in the end its knowing how to use the data supplied.

Feb 06, 2013 at 12:41 PM
sjms
Upload & Sell: On
Re: GPS any one?

when referenced on a map it is quite easy to extrapolate from the position of the shooter to its target. of course the longer the distance you take your shot from the greater the error. this is to be expected. I use the gps at locations for tracking and shots are generally short distance from camera to objective so error is minimal some gps units will freeze the last known position when you entered an area of signal loss and use said position as an approximation that is again enough to give a good reference of where you shot the image. most maps will also allow you to reposition your image on the map and will then re-coordinate as needed.

in the end its knowing how to use the data supplied.

Feb 06, 2013 at 02:56 AM

Previous versions of sjms's message #11327748 « GPS any one? »