Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Adam Bavier's message #11327681 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

Adam Bavier
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ray, I really like the look of those 300mm shots of yours. Great balance of the foreground sharpness to the background. The bokeh isn\'t completely obliterated, which I prefer.

Went out today with the goal of getting another shot taken on my Holga 120 wide pinhole camera. Working on the first roll. Ended up getting one with my MF 50mm F/2 instead. I really wanted some light trails on the interstate with a nice blue sky after the sunset. Drove over along the beat-up road to the bridge. Went to pull off the road onto the snowy side, only to have the \"OH SHOOT I\'M STUCK\" feeling. Slowly reversed, slowly pulled forward and SUCCESS. After that close call, I couldn\'t find a safe spot, so ended up parking half a mile away and walking back. Pulled out the Holga WPC, and was disappointed in the composition. Looked through the 50mm and liked what I saw.

After 20 minutes, I even had a nice police officer stop by. Investigating a tip called in, and he confirmed I wasn\'t doing anything illegal.

Great day!

Feb 05, 2013 at 09:35 PM
Adam Bavier
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ray, I really like the look of those 300mm shots of yours. Great balance of the foreground sharpness to the background. The bokeh isn\'t completely obliterated, which I prefer.

Went out today with the goal of getting another shot taken on my Holga 120 wide pinhole camera. Working on the first roll. Ended up getting one with my MF 50mm F/2 instead. I really wanted some light trails on the interstate with a nice blue sky after the sunset. Drove over along the beat-up road to the bridge. Went to pull off the road onto the snowy side, only to have the \"OH SHOOT I\'M STUCK\" feeling. Slowly reversed, slowly pulled forward and SUCCESS. After that I couldn\'t find a safe spot so ended up parking half a mile away and walking back. Pulled out the Holga WPC, and was disappointed in the composition. Looked through the 50mm and liked what I saw.

After 20 minutes, I even had a nice police officer stop by. Investigating a tip called in, and he confirmed I wasn\'t doing anything illegal.

Great day!

Feb 05, 2013 at 09:32 PM

Previous versions of Adam Bavier's message #11327681 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.