Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of CGrindahl's message #11324364 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

CGrindahl
Upload & Sell: On
Manual Focus Nikon Glass

kwoodard wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:
The 25-50 f/4 AI-s has two rings, as you surely know Reagan, a larger zoom ring and smaller focus ring. On my copy of the lens the focus ring is nicely damped and the zoom ring is a tad looser. But until the lenses with a push pull combined ring, there is no slippage, so loose doesn't feel like a problem. In fact, I like the light touch required to zoom the lens in and out, as needed.

I remember some of those shots from your trip to Las Vegas. I imagine you'll make good use of your new lens. It looks like a winner.

Here's an old shot I took with my copy. I've posted it before but it shows how the lens handles flare. I was facing the sun as i shot this.

Believe it or not, this is the shot that got me interested in MF lenses and brought me to this thread.

How about that? Since I started this thread, I've not had the opportunity to stumble on the images posted here, I've witnessed them as they've appeared. But although I didn't need exposure to these images to help me make the decision to pursue MF lenses, there are hundreds of images that reminded me what the fuss is all about, and that inspired me in my own work. That, of course, is what makes this thread so great. I'm glad you found us Kevin and they you decided to jump into the conversation.

Feb 04, 2013 at 09:06 PM
CGrindahl
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Manual Focus Nikon Glass

kwoodard wrote:
CGrindahl wrote:
The 25-50 f/4 AI-s has two rings, as you surely know Reagan, a larger zoom ring and smaller focus ring. On my copy of the lens the focus ring is nicely damped and the zoom ring is a tad looser. But until the lenses with a push pull combined ring, there is no slippage, so loose doesn't feel like a problem. In fact, I like the light touch required to zoom the lens in and out, as needed.

I remember some of those shots from your trip to Las Vegas. I imagine you'll make good use of your new lens. It looks like a winner.

Here's an old shot I took with my copy. I've posted it before but it shows how the lens handles flare. I was facing the sun as i shot this.

Believe it or not, this is the shot that got me interested in MF lenses and brought me to this thread.

How about that? Since I started this thread, I've not had the opportunity to stumble on the images posted here, I've witnessed them as they've appeared. But although I didn't need exposure to these images to help me make the decision to pursue MF lenses, their are hundreds of images that reminded me what the fuss is all about, and that inspired me in my own work. That, of course, is what makes this thread so great. I'm glad you found us Kevin and they you decided to jump into the conversation.

Feb 04, 2013 at 09:02 PM

Previous versions of CGrindahl's message #11324364 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »