Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of ewadler's message #11309320 « The official Zeiss 35/1.4 thread »

ewadler
Upload & Sell: On
Re: The official Zeiss 35/1.4 thread

sebboh wrote:
ewadler wrote:
Yes, I broke my lens, and I ran across a fellow who I randomly found as a recommendation to someone else on FM to fix their old Zeiss lens. He just finished the repair, and I am waiting for it to get back into my hands, but he fixed it. I am sure he could fix yours. I can wait and see what I think of the lens when I get it back, and then let you know if I would recommend him.

that would be great, thanks!

out of curiosity what was wrong with your lens?

You want me to go there, huh?

Well, I have the Rollei version and I had trouble finding a decent eos adapter. I finally got a reversible mount replacement from big_is on ebay. I finally realized that the holes were drilled in incorrect locations on the mount, but whilst trying to make the holes line up (which they wouldn't in a million years), I pushed the release pin too far into the lens, and the aperture got stuck open (not sure what happened internally).
I started to disassemble the lens, but realized that I bought it for $500 (on Keh!!) in almost perfect condition, and I would never find another one at that price, and wouldn't forgive myself if I did something stupid. So, I decided to send it to someone who could.

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Previous versions of ewadler's message #11309320 « The official Zeiss 35/1.4 thread »