Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Bifurcator's message #11308654 « Anyone Using Perfect Resize 7.5?? »

Bifurcator
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Anyone Using Perfect Resize 7.5??

philhill wrote:
OnOne has enhanced the functionality beyond the original Genuine Fractals, and I did preface “free of artifacts” with the word virtually. I find reductions to be more pleasing than what’s provided by PS, but that’s probably a subjective judgement.

Virtually... not sure what that means. But at 200% up scale you can begin to see the artifacts on screen and in print. At 400% OMG it\'s frigging terrible. Even the image in the promo video where they show the guy with the big and bigger prints is just awful! At that point it\'s not better than PS... just funky and different. At 200% I think it\'s better than PS at 200% though. But that seems to be the cut-off point right around 200%...

For down-scaling I still contend it\'s no better than PS. Ya, there is sharpening available but it\'s the worst algorithm on the planet maybe. It might be ok-ish for print output but then you probably would not be downsizing - thus null. Here\'s a comparison of 25% scales from PS with sharpening, PR7.5 with sharpening, and one from each just downsizing without any sharpening:

25% scale using Perfect Resize 7.5 - With Sharpening

25% scale using Photoshop CS 5.5 - With Smart Sharpening

25% scale using Perfect Resize 7.5 - No Sharpening Added

25% scale using Photoshop CS 5.5 - No Sharpening Added

Jan 29, 2013 at 02:25 PM
Bifurcator
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Anyone Using Perfect Resize 7.5??

philhill wrote:
OnOne has enhanced the functionality beyond the original Genuine Fractals, and I did preface “free of artifacts” with the word virtually. I find reductions to be more pleasing than what’s provided by PS, but that’s probably a subjective judgement.

Virtually... not sure what that means. But at 200% up scale you can begin to see the artifacts on screen and in print. At 400% OMG it\'s frigging terrible. Even the image in the promo video where they show the guy with the big and bigger prints is just awful! At that point it\'s not better than PS... just funky and different. At 200% I think it\'s better than PS at 200% though. But that seems to be the cut-off point right around 200%...

For down-scaling I still contend it\'s no better than PS. Ya, there is sharpening available but it\'s the worst algorithm on the planet maybe. It might be ok-ish for print output but then you probably would not be downsizing - thus null. Here\'s a comparison of 25% scales from PS with sharpening, PR7.5 with sharpening, and one from each just downsizing without any sharpening:

Perfect Resize 7.5 - With Sharpening

Photoshop CS 5.5 - With Smart Sharpening

Perfect Resize 7.5 - No Sharpening Added

Photoshop CS 5.5 - No Sharpening Added

Jan 29, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Previous versions of Bifurcator's message #11308654 « Anyone Using Perfect Resize 7.5?? »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.