Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Bob Jarman's message #11308113 « Idle hands »

Bob Jarman
Upload & Sell: On
Idle hands

sbeme wrote:
Looks good on a technical level with good choice DOF, sharpness, specular highlights. And I like the toning. Seems well-suited to the subject.
Compositionally, attention brought right to the hands nicely. But I dont know what I am looking at. Is it a label? A note, recording some readings? The paper seems key but I am curious.
Scott

Thanks Scott,

A segment of his bookkeeping system. The well worn box is the cash register. He records sales on slips of paper as well as in a notebook. As I moved around he patiently observed passing traffic and idly fidgeted with the pen and paper.

As an aside, the image is a test for downsizing using Resizer Pro 7.5, new upgrade (previously known as Genuine Fractals until acquisition by OnOne Software). Knowing you occasionally require large prints, you might explore the demo. And, I just now noticed several shadow areas where I should have ramped-up the preserve detail slider for shadows.

Bob

Jan 29, 2013 at 01:18 PM
Bob Jarman
Idle hands

sbeme wrote:
Looks good on a technical level with good choice DOF, sharpness, specular highlights. And I like the toning. Seems well-suited to the subject.
Compositionally, attention brought right to the hands nicely. But I dont know what I am looking at. Is it a label? A note, recording some readings? The paper seems key but I am curious.
Scott

Thanks Scott,

A segment of his bookkeeping system. The well worn box is the cash register. He records sales on slips of paper as well as in a notebook. As I moved around he patiently observed passing traffic and idly fidgeted with the pen and paper.

As an aside, the image is a test for downsizing using Resizer Pro 7.5, new upgrade (previously known as Genuine Fractals until acquisition by OnOne Software). Knowing you occasionally require large prints, you might explore the demo.

Bob

Jan 29, 2013 at 01:16 PM
Bob Jarman
Re: Idle hands

sbeme wrote:
Scott

Thanks Scott,

Bob

Jan 29, 2013 at 01:04 PM

Previous versions of Bob Jarman's message #11308113 « Idle hands »