Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of jcolwell's message #11303621 « Used 1DIV Values - Cause & Effect? »

jcolwell
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Used 1DIV Values - Cause & Effect?

My main cameras right now are a 1DX and a 1DIV. The 1DX is so darn good that I'm pretty sure that I'd like to sell the 1DIV and get a second 1DIV. Unfortunately, I can't get enough money from selling the 1DIV to pay for a second 1DX. Besides, the 1DIV is OK...

I sold my 1DsIII to help pay for my first 1DX. My two main goals were to maintain a 1D-series FF body and also get high fps that I could use alongside my 1DIV for fast action photography. The 1DX does that quite well, thank you very much.

It's possible that 1DIV shooters are now convinced that the 1DX AF advantage* offsets the 1DIV's pixel-per-duck advantage, and so they're going for it.

* not to mention high ISO.

The obvious effect is that pricing will go down but in the spirit of speculation, how far and how fast?

The price for a used 1DX will start to fall in a couple of years, after the 1DXII is announced. If you don't need high fps, the 5DIII sounds pretty nice. If you don't need SOTA autofocus, the 6D sounds pretty nice. I'm just sayin'...

Jan 27, 2013 at 08:26 PM

Previous versions of jcolwell's message #11303621 « Used 1DIV Values - Cause & Effect? »