Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of CGrindahl's message #11301886 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

CGrindahl
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
...Jose, looking at your 135/3.5-sisters I wonder how many fantastic pictures have been taken with slow 135\'s. Very few photographers actually need a really fast lens. Too bad that iconic pictures of the past are rarely tagged with technical details.

I\'ve often thought that about places where I\'ve lived, but it is equally intriguing when we think about these lenses, many of which have been around for forty years. It is mind blowing to think of the possibilities.

With regard to my home, I\'m aware the small cottage was once a garage and storage building. It was later converted for use as a music studio and one of my elderly neighbors, who has passed told me she gave piano lessons in this building. I imagine for folks in Europe the stories would be much more dramatic since building stand for centuries, not just decades.

I\'d like to believe my lenses have taken wonderful photos, but how can we ever know? For a creative writer this could be a delightful approach to a story. Perhaps you know the movie titled \"The Red Violin...\"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Red_Violin

Jan 26, 2013 at 08:13 PM

Previous versions of CGrindahl's message #11301886 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.