Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Peire's message #11300948 « NEX Images Thread »

Peire
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: NEX Images Thread

Phillip Reeve wrote:
I tried my new Minolta MC 300/5.6 for the first time, my observations:

• contrast ist pretty low
  • ...as ist microcontrast
  • significant PF
  • 300mm are pretty hard to handhold

After some PP i like the results, nice zoo-tele.
    My Ai-S nonED Nikkor 300/4.5 has better contrast and less PF but it is more unwieldily.

After trying Minolta 300/5.6 and 300/4.5 on the NEX5N I gave up.Nikon 300/4.5 is better of the two,but despite one ED lens it is still too soft wo and has too much CAs either.Rule of the thumb after a few years of experience:majority of legacy lenses above 28mm and under 200mm can not match contempoprary digital sensors.Without significant amount of PP their images are technically inferior compared to contemporary lenses.

• Jan 27, 2013 at 12:20 PM
    Peire
    Upload & Sell: Off
    Re: NEX Images Thread

Phillip Reeve wrote:
    I tried my new Minolta MC 300/5.6 for the first time, my observations:

• contrast ist pretty low
  • ...as ist microcontrast
  • significant PF
  • 300mm are pretty hard to handhold

After some PP i like the results, nice zoo-tele.
    My Ai-S nonED Nikkor 300/4.5 has better contrast and less PF but it is more unwieldily.

After trying Minolta 300/5.6 and 300/4.5 on the NEX5N I gave up.Nikon 300/4.5 is better of the two,but despite one ED lens it is still too soft wo and has too much CAs either.Rule of the thumb after a few years of experience:majority of legacy lenses above 28mm and under 200mm can not match contempoprary digital sensors.Without significant amount of PP their images are technically inferior compared to contemporary lenses.

• Jan 26, 2013 at 06:39 PM

Previous versions of Peire's message #11300948 « NEX Images Thread »