Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of wiseguy010's message #11300171 « Anyone Compared the Zeiss 35/f2 to Sigma 35/f1.4? »

wiseguy010
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Anyone Compared the Zeiss 35/f2 to Sigma 35/f1.4?

Lars Johnsson wrote:
wiseguy010 wrote:
Lars Johnsson wrote:
wayne seltzer wrote:
wayne seltzer wrote:
What no infinity crops? What are you trying to hide?

Michael, I guess you didn't get my joke.
I was just saying the same thing you said to me about my RX1 infinity shots back in Dec.
Can you post any 100% crops from the infinity shots?

In the Canon forum you can find a lot of of pics from all different distances with the Sigma lens. There are a couple of long threads.

I had a look into those threads, but there are many pictures with really horrible bokeh. I almost directly had the Voiglander 20/3.5 color skopar in mind. That lens can also give this kind of nervous bokeh in certain situations.

The lens has rather nice bokeh. Better than the Canon/Nikon 35mm lenses. But not as good as the Zeiss 35/1,4. Every lens can give nervous bokeh in certain situations like you wrote. The Sigma doesn't do that more than other brands.
It's also very different to actually use the lens and compare it against other brands in real life shooting, than looking at a few web-sized pics on internet. Every review of the lens that I have been reading (6-7 at least) also confirm it's very good and the bokeh is better or at least as good as the competition. It's easily the best 35mm AF lens for Canon/Nikon. And it also competes with the best 35mm MF lenses. It does this with a price that is much lower than the others also.
Please show a link to all those pics with horrible bokeh? And that would be much better if shot with all the other 35mm lenses. If you say it's similar to the Voiglander 20/3.5 lens. It's obvious that you have never used the lens.

Here are some to start with:

<pictures removed due to wrong way of using them>

And there are many more. I find this kind of bokeh very distracting and sometimes even horrible.

And yes, I have used the Voigtlander.

Now I am waiting for your pictures of flowers and Boedha statues in Thailand (those that I have seen a lot from you).

Feb 06, 2013 at 06:28 PM
wiseguy010
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Anyone Compared the Zeiss 35/f2 to Sigma 35/f1.4?

Lars Johnsson wrote:
wiseguy010 wrote:
Lars Johnsson wrote:
wayne seltzer wrote:
wayne seltzer wrote:
What no infinity crops? What are you trying to hide?

Michael, I guess you didn't get my joke.
I was just saying the same thing you said to me about my RX1 infinity shots back in Dec.
Can you post any 100% crops from the infinity shots?

In the Canon forum you can find a lot of of pics from all different distances with the Sigma lens. There are a couple of long threads.

I had a look into those threads, but there are many pictures with really horrible bokeh. I almost directly had the Voiglander 20/3.5 color skopar in mind. That lens can also give this kind of nervous bokeh in certain situations.

The lens has rather nice bokeh. Better than the Canon/Nikon 35mm lenses. But not as good as the Zeiss 35/1,4. Every lens can give nervous bokeh in certain situations like you wrote. The Sigma doesn't do that more than other brands.
It's also very different to actually use the lens and compare it against other brands in real life shooting, than looking at a few web-sized pics on internet. Every review of the lens that I have been reading (6-7 at least) also confirm it's very good and the bokeh is better or at least as good as the competition. It's easily the best 35mm AF lens for Canon/Nikon. And it also competes with the best 35mm MF lenses. It does this with a price that is much lower than the others also.
Please show a link to all those pics with horrible bokeh? And that would be much better if shot with all the other 35mm lenses. If you say it's similar to the Voiglander 20/3.5 lens. It's obvious that you have never used the lens.

Here are some to start with:

And there are many more. I find this kind of bokeh very distracting and sometimes even horrible.

And yes, I have used the Voigtlander.

Now I am waiting for your pictures of flowers and Boedha statues in Thailand (those that I have seen a lot from you).

Jan 26, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Previous versions of wiseguy010's message #11300171 « Anyone Compared the Zeiss 35/f2 to Sigma 35/f1.4? »