Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of naturephoto1's message #11298854 « Leica 50 AA vs. 50 Summilux »

naturephoto1
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Leica 50 AA vs. 50 Summilux

douglasf13 wrote:
naturephoto1 wrote:
douglasf13 wrote:
allebaug wrote:
If only it was the Lux\'s street price.

Yeah, the price is tough. I could understand if the 50/2 was the same price as the 50/1.4, since you\'re gaining some IQ and loosing a stop, but another few thousand bucks makes it tough to justify. That f2 performance certainly looks outrageous, though.

B&H Photo has the 50mm AA listed for $7195, That is quite a price for a normal lens.

Rich

Yeah, I basically only shoot normal lenses, so it would be right up my alley, and I\'d consider it if it was in the realm of the 50 Summilux in price, but $7K is steep. It does look to be a world beating lens, though, so I\'m sure it will sell well.

Doug,

Would we expect anything else from Leica when they charge such a premium price for an optic? But, in my case I hardly use my 50mm R lens. Tuesday, I just picked the 50mm and 35mm R Summicrons from Leica USA after a cleaning and lube. But, we all have different needs and uses.

Rich

Jan 25, 2013 at 04:27 PM
naturephoto1
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Leica 50 AA vs. 50 Summilux

douglasf13 wrote:
naturephoto1 wrote:
douglasf13 wrote:
allebaug wrote:
If only it was the Lux\'s street price.

Yeah, the price is tough. I could understand if the 50/2 was the same price as the 50/1.4, since you\'re gaining some IQ and loosing a stop, but another few thousand bucks makes it tough to justify. That f2 performance certainly looks outrageous, though.

B&H Photo has the 50mm AA listed for $7195, That is quite a price for a normal lens.

Rich

Yeah, I basically only shoot normal lenses, so it would be right up my alley, and I\'d consider it if it was in the realm of the 50 Summilux in price, but $7K is steep. It does look to be a world beating lens, though, so I\'m sure it will sell well.

Doug,

Would we expect anything else from Leica when they charge such a premium price for an optic? But, my case I hardly use my 50mm R lens. Tuesday, I just picked the 50mm and 35mm R Summicrons from Leica USA after a cleaning and lube. But, we all have different needs and uses.

Rich

Jan 25, 2013 at 04:26 PM

Previous versions of naturephoto1's message #11298854 « Leica 50 AA vs. 50 Summilux »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.