Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Wahoowa's message #11290877 « Your top-3 wish list for 7D Mark II »

Wahoowa
Upload & Sell: On
Your top-3 wish list for 7D Mark II

Just for a fun discussion, so please don't take it too seriously.

I have heard rumors about the specifications, but nothing is solid at this point. This year seems like the year that Canon should release at least one new APS-C DSLR to replace 7D, 60D or both.

If one is indeed released, what specs would you like to see the most? I currently own a 5D3 and a 6D, but I also keep a 7D for telephoto shootings. I'd be interested in the new 7D Mark II if it gets the following updates:

1. Improved sensor performance -- Obviously, better noise performance and possibly better DR.
2. AF Capability with Lens at f/8 -- That would be perfect for my use. I can then use a 1.4x with 100-400L or the like.
3. Silent Shutter Mode -- I find the silent mode of the 5D3 and 6D to be very useful and I hope the new 7D Mark II has this feature as well.

I'd take something else too, but those are my top 3. Something else is worth being mentioned though:

- AF Microadjustment at Wide & Tele Ends -- This should be a new standard though.
- Improved AF System -- Not saying the current 7D AF system is bad, but I sure hope Canon steps forward with it.
- LP-E6 Battery Pack -- Currently own 5 of these. Still want the compatibility.
- Built-in Flash -- Wifi and GPS are fun and all, but I find that built-in flash is useful in some occasions. Don't want them to get rid of it.
- Resolution -- I don't really care much whether or not they increase it.
- Continuous Shooting Speed -- I can live with 8fps, but 10fps would be awesome.

What do you think?

Jan 22, 2013 at 08:12 PM
Wahoowa

Just for a fun discussion.

I have heard rumors about the specifications, but nothing is solid at this point. This year seems like the year that Canon should release at least one new APS-C DSLR to replace 7D, 60D or both.

If one is indeed released, what specs would you like to see the most? I currently own a 5D3 and a 6D, but I also keep a 7D for telephoto shootings. I'd be interested in the new 7D Mark II if it gets the following updates:

1. Improved sensor performance -- Obviously, better noise performance and possibly better DR.
2. AF Capability with Lens at f/8 -- That would be perfect for my use. I can then use a 1.4x with 100-400L or the like.
3. Silent Shutter Mode -- I find the silent mode of the 5D3 and 6D to be very useful and I hope the new 7D Mark II has this feature as well.

I'd take something else too, but those are my top 3. Something else is worth being mentioned though:

- AF Microadjustment at Wide & Tele Ends -- This should be a new standard though.
- Improved AF System -- Not saying the current 7D AF system is bad, but I sure hope Canon steps forward with it.
- Built-in Flash -- Wifi and GPS are fun and all, but I find that built-in flash is useful in some occasions. Don't want them to get rid of it.
- Continuous Shooting Speed -- I can live with 8fps, but 10fps would be awesome.

What do you think?

Jan 22, 2013 at 08:00 PM
Wahoowa

- Continuous Shooting Speed -- I can live with 8fps.

What do you think?

Jan 22, 2013 at 07:59 PM
Wahoowa

- Continuous Shooting Speed -- I can live with 6fps, but 8fps would be awesome.

What do you think?

Jan 22, 2013 at 07:58 PM
Wahoowa

I'd take something else too, but those are my top 3.

What do you think?

Jan 22, 2013 at 07:55 PM
Wahoowa

I'd take something else too, but those are my top 3.

What do you think?

Jan 22, 2013 at 07:50 PM

Previous versions of Wahoowa's message #11290877 « Your top-3 wish list for 7D Mark II »