Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of asabet's message #11289895 « Anyone Compared the Zeiss 35/f2 to Sigma 35/f1.4? »

asabet
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Anyone Compared the Zeiss 35/f2 to Sigma 35/f1.4?

zhangyue wroteonít want defend sigma and I would try to avoid involve any discuss like this. Until I see sample test at exact same condition with Zeiss or Leica, I am not convinced sigma will be inferior.

...Leica 35lux M FLE has good wide open but also FC makes it less ideal for flat field,(the same with Leica R) but I donít see often people complain Leica is bad, on the contrary, people say WO soft is glow, FC is 3D. This is unfair game. You see what you believe to see, you hear what you believe to hear. (In audio)...

I agree - people give the benefit of the doubt to Leica, Zeiss, Canon, and Nikon. Not to Sigma or Cosina.

I had the opportunity yesterday to do a brief, casual comparison between my Sigma 35/1.4 and Nikon D600 and my brother's Leica 35/1.4 Lux FLE and M9P. In each case, I took a shot with my camera/lens, and my brother stepped up and took a shot with his camera/lens from the same position. We're not the same height so positions varied a bit, but still interesting to look at.

All of these are at f/1.4. In each comparison, the Leica is the first and Sigma is second:

Jan 22, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Previous versions of asabet's message #11289895 « Anyone Compared the Zeiss 35/f2 to Sigma 35/f1.4? »