Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of naturephoto1's message #11287374 « Preparing For Safari. NEX7 Lens advice ? »

naturephoto1
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Preparing For Safari. NEX7 Lens advice ?

I don't know much about the Gorillapods. The Manfrotto Superclamp is quite strong and will hold a good amount of weight. They are used in studios and for this sitution, you should be able to clamp it someplace to the jeep or whatever they offer to clamp to. You can position this accordingly and particularly if you it with a 3/16-20 thread if you have a good strong ball head you can attach it and position the camera and lens. You may have a bit of limited space but I would suspect you will only have limited space available in the Jeep.

Again it would be a good idea if your Ball head and equipment had Arca Swiss type clamps and QR plates and/or L brackets. This will and should make for fast, sure, strong, and positive locking of your equipment.

Try not to support heavy lenses from the NEX camera mount alone on a tripod head. It will put too much stress on the lens mount and the tripod thread. Either use a lens with a tripod collar or an adapter with preferably a rotating collar lke the Novoflex that I mentioned.

Rich

Jan 21, 2013 at 02:22 PM

Previous versions of naturephoto1's message #11287374 « Preparing For Safari. NEX7 Lens advice ? »