Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of zippylock's message #11284043 « Thoughts on this colorful shot? »

zippylock
Upload & Sell: On
Thoughts on this colorful shot?

Camperjim wrote:
The argument can be made that the intense red cast is "natural" because of the color of the light from the setting sun. The red cast is a bit much for my taste. How about cutting back at least on the rocks?

BTW, I would not spend a excessive amount of time working with subtle color changes on a downsized image. Downsizing has all sorts of adverse effects including changing the colors and often adding splotchy patches.

The sunrise did have a bunch of red in it (esecially the reflection on the rocks). I obviously added some more for drama effect,and the purple also came out more through my editing. so in a way, i was going for the 'slightly over the top' look, but do you think its 'too' much? I can prolly figure out how to cut the reds back a little. Im still learning to do advance things on photoshop, so selecting a certain color is actually something i haven't done before...

What do you mean about downsizing? I never did any downsizing? I edited RAW files, which were blended in photomerge (CS5), the after several layers, saved as a PSD which i keep until im down, then i save as Jpeg to upload online or send through email....

i didn't downsize anywhere in there unless the computer is doing it automatically?

here is a shot much closer to what i started with. the only difference is the rocks have been dodged and lightened slighly.

Then to make the shot in my original post, i blended 6 exposures, theabove being on of them. I when from the above shot, to -6 stops, and positive 6 stops. so like -6,-3,0,+3, +6. Know what i mean? Sorry if im not using the correct terms, haha

Jan 20, 2013 at 05:19 AM
zippylock
Upload & Sell: On
Thoughts on this colorful shot?

Camperjim wrote:
The argument can be made that the intense red cast is "natural" because of the color of the light from the setting sun. The red cast is a bit much for my taste. How about cutting back at least on the rocks?

BTW, I would not spend a excessive amount of time working with subtle color changes on a downsized image. Downsizing has all sorts of adverse effects including changing the colors and often adding splotchy patches.

The sunrise did have a bunch of red in it (esecially the reflection on the rocks). I obviously added some more for drama effect, the purple also came out more through my editing, so in a way, i was going for the 'slightly over the top' look,but do you think its 'too' much? I canprolly figure out how to cut the reds back a little. Im still learning to do advance things on photoshop, so selecting a certain color is actually something i haven't done before...

What do you mean about downsizing? I never did any downsizing? I edited RAW files, which were blended in photomerge (CS5), the after several layers, saved as a PSD which i keep until im down, then i save as Jpeg to upload online or send through email....

i didn't downsize anywhere in there unless the computer is doing it automatically?

here is a shot much closer to what i started with. the only difference is the rocks have been dodged and lightened slighly.

Then to make the shot in my original post, i blended 6 exposures, theabove being on of them. I when from the above shot, to -6 stops, and positive 6 stops. so like -6,-3,0,+3, +6. Know what i mean? Sorry if im not using the correct terms, haha

Jan 20, 2013 at 05:14 AM

Previous versions of zippylock's message #11284043 « Thoughts on this colorful shot? »