Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of eyelaser's message #11283814 « Going home again »

eyelaser
Upload & Sell: Off
Going home again

They say you can't go home again. Well, after a 5 year hiatus due to closure of the property I returned to a place I had stayed at since I was 17....and that was about the time Neil Armstrong uttered his famous words.
So when the property reopened I couldn't wait to return but had real trepidation about what I would find.
Fortunately, the new owners not only restored the property but their reconstruction surpassed the previous. One side effect was that one of the golf courses was under renovation so I got to walk it without worrying about being pelted by a wayward shot.
I wasn't into birds back then...mostly birdies so I looked with a different eye and found some pretty cool stuff.
Just a little greenie for tonight...and ironically it was just off the green in a little pond like area. First I heard then I saw this guy...and it decided it liked its privacy and took off. Birding with a 70-300 is not optimal but you takes what you gets.
Eric

Jan 20, 2013 at 09:54 AM
eyelaser
Upload & Sell: Off
Going home again

They say you can't go home again. Well, after a 5 year hiatus due to closure of the property I returned to a place I had stayed at since I was 17....and that was about the time Neil Armstrong uttered his famous words.
So when the property reopened I couldn't wait to return but had real trepidation about what I would find.
Fortunately, the new owners not only restored the property but their reconstruction surpassed the previous. One side effect was that one of the golf courses was under renovation so I got to walk it without worrying about being pelted by a wayward shot.
I wasn't into birds back then...mostly birdies so I looked with a different eye and found some pretty cool stuff.
Just a little greenie for tonight...and ironically it was just off the green in a little pond like area. First I heard then I saw this guy...and it decided it liked its privacy and took off. Birding with a 70-300 is not optimal but you takes what you gets.
Eric

Jan 20, 2013 at 03:44 AM

Previous versions of eyelaser's message #11283814 « Going home again »