Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of cgardner's message #11282022 « Stolen Gear »

cgardner
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Stolen Gear

Sorry about the loss.

Like my mamma used to say, "A lock only keeps an honest man honest...." and there are tutorials on the net on how to open a door lock in seconds with a "bump" key. So the perp wouldn't necessarily need to steal and copy your key to get access. Some interior doors can also be removed via the hinges by removing the pins.

I suspect kids because the perp cherry picked like toy shopping not with an intention to sell. A knowledgeable photographer would have taken more and teen trying to sell expensive gear in person locally would would raise a red flag other than to peers for drugs, and a teen/tween isn't likely to have an eBay / Paypal account to sell over the net. So some photographically clueless kid, likely a friend of yours, might have ripped it off and traded it to a peer for weed.

Do you or your staff have tween / teen kids who have visited the studio? If so they probably showed off the Dad's fancy gear to the friends, some of who might be dodgy. This happened to a family member who got robbed by old local friends of a visiting grandson who had them over to the house. They knew where all the good stuff was hidden because the grandson showed it off.

In addition to watching Craig's and FleaBay check your kid's social media feeds to see if any of his friends have started posting photos with improved IQ lately.

Also install a combination deadbolt or hasp / combination look on the storage closet ASAP before someone reads your narrative of what didn't get stolen. It reads like a menu for what to steal next

Jan 19, 2013 at 03:57 PM
cgardner

Sorry about the loss.

Like my mamma used to say, "A lock only keeps an honest man honest...." and there are tutorials on the net on how to open a door lock in seconds with a "bump" key. So the perp wouldn't necessarily need to steal and copy your key to get access. Some interior doors can also be removed via the hinges by removing the pins.

I suspect kids because the perp cherry picked like toy shopping not with an intention to sell. A knowledgeable photographer would have taken more and teen trying to sell expensive gear in person locally would would raise a red flag other than to peers for drugs, and a teen/tween isn't likely to have an eBay / Paypal account to sell over the net. So some photographically clueless kid, likely a friend of yours, might have ripped it off traded it for weed.

Do you or your staff have tween / teen kids who have visited the studio? If so they probably showed off the Dad's fancy gear to the friends, some of who might be dodgy. This happened to a family member who got robbed by old local friends of a visiting grandson who had them over to the house. They knew where all the good stuff was hidden because the grandson showed it off.

In addition to watching Craig's and FleaBay check your kid's social media feeds to see if any of his friends have started posting photos with improved IQ lately.

Also install a combination deadbolt or hasp / combination look on the storage closet ASAP before someone reads your narrative of what didn't get stolen. It reads like a menu for what to steal next

Jan 19, 2013 at 03:57 PM
cgardner

Sorry about the loss.

I suspect kids because the perp cherry picked like toy shopping not with an intention to sell. A knowledgeable photographer would have taken more and teen trying to sell expensive gear in person locally would would raise a red flag other than to peers for drugs, and a teen/tween isn't likely to have an eBay / Paypal account to sell over the net.

Jan 19, 2013 at 02:30 PM

Previous versions of cgardner's message #11282022 « Stolen Gear »