Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Kibsgaard's message #11276508 « Sigma DP2 Merrill: Have any of you tried it? »

Kibsgaard
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Sigma DP2 Merrill: Have any of you tried it?

neilvan wrote:
Kibsgaard wrote:
neilvan wrote:
Kibsgaard wrote:

(also ordered Tamrac 17850 Zipshot Tripod and the quick release)

I am sure some others will chime in with answers to your other questions. I just wanted to say that you will probably want to return that tripod when you get it. I bought one a couple of years ago thinking it would be good for a lightweight solution for hiking. I didn't get around to using it for a couple of months or I just would have returned it. It was completely unstable, shaky and otherwise useless. The absolute worst photographic accessory I have ever bought. Complete waste of money, it went in the garbage...

Thanks, and yes, there are VERY mixed reviews, so I take a huge chance, because I also ordered the quick release for it, but this camera here is because I want to try some very light "things" = I have the D3x and a 2 good stable tripods, but all is very heavy, so I am going into the lightness-world here - or at least trying it

I thought the same thing, oh well, live and learn...

By the way, I have been using a couple of Ricoh DB-65 batteries with my DP2 Merrill, they work great. (Not too sure about those aftermarket batteries though)

Yes, perhaps you are right, I maybe will regret it. (I have added something above)

Thanks for the battery-info - just ordered it (3, so all in all I have 6)

Jan 17, 2013 at 05:39 AM

Previous versions of Kibsgaard's message #11276508 « Sigma DP2 Merrill: Have any of you tried it? »