Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of FlyingPhotog's message #11275537 « Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel »

FlyingPhotog
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Mustangs Air to Air: The Sequel

Angry wrote:
Jay,

Excuse my ignorance but what is " Foto Fanny and one of Clay's "AstroJets"
Any pics ??

Al

Foto Fanny is a B-25 from the Planes of Fame group in Chino, CA. She's "tweaked" for the photo and film industry. Beyond the normal ability to remove the tail guns, she also has a special nose that can be fitted which has optically flat glass in several places instead of the usual wobbly-wavy plexi.

The "AstroJet" (and I think that's the correct name) is a LearJet that has periscope lenses protruding from both the bottom and top of the fuselage for doing high-speed in-flight photography and videography. IIRC, Clay Lacy also has one where a remote camera can be mounted in the nose.

Som3one correct me if I'm off the mark, but probably 90-95% of footage of commercial jets in flight over the last 30 years were shot from Clay Lacy's Lears.

Jan 16, 2013 at 11:14 PM
FlyingPhotog

Angry wrote:
Jay,

Any pics ??

Al

Foto Fanny is a B-25 from the Planes of Fame group in Chino, CA. She's "tweaked" for the photo and film industry. Beyond the normal ability to remove the tail guns, she also has a special nose that can be fitted which has optically flat glass in several places instead of the usual wobbly-wavy plexi.

The "AstroJet" (and I think that's the correct name) is a LearJet that has periscope lenses protruding from both the bottom and top of the fuselage for doing high-speed in-flight photography and videography. IIRC, Clay Lacy also has one where a remote camera can be mounted in the nose.

Somone correct me if I'm off the mark, but probably 90-95% of footage of commercial jets in flight were shot from Clay Lacy's Lears.

Jan 16, 2013 at 11:14 PM
FlyingPhotog

Angry wrote:
Jay,

Any pics ??

Al

Jan 16, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Previous versions of FlyingPhotog's message #11275537 « Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel »