Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of walter23's message #11272418 « Bags that don't shed fibre and flakes of foam? Sick of LowePro. »

walter23
Upload & Sell: Off
Bags that don't shed fibre and flakes of foam? Sick of LowePro.

I have gone through a bunch of camera bags over the year and always settle on LowePro because I find their bags very functional for my needs.

The problem is that every single one of them has shed a lot of crud all over my gear, and I\'m always attacking stuff with a rubber blower after every usage. This happens pretty much from the moment the bags are new and gets worse with age, even vacuuming them out periodically doesn\'t seem to help.

I\'m currently using a 3 year old magnum aw bag which is shedding little white flakes like crazy. They get behind my lens caps and I have to clean the front element before shooting, plus they just generally coat everything else and I get worried they\'ll work their ways into my lenses (which are not dust/weather sealed - e.g 17-55 IS, tokina 11-16).

I\'m thinking of getting a new bag to replace it, but I want something that isn\'t going to make my gear dirtier than if I just carried it around unprotected.

Can anyone suggest brands or particular bags that don\'t have this annoying tendency? Do you think I\'m just too sensitive or have you been bothered by this as well?

Jan 15, 2013 at 04:46 PM

Previous versions of walter23's message #11272418 « Bags that don't shed fibre and flakes of foam? Sick of LowePro. »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.