Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11270718 « Any observations on this portrait? »

RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Any observations on this portrait?

I think you've done a nice job of presenting her character, but it looks a bit overdone.

Reds look a little hot, so I tried pulling back on the saturation some. Pulled back on the yellows and blues individually as well, trying to get a balance. I'm assuming that her hair is white rather than blonde, but I don't know if the warmth was by intent or inadvertent.

While the brilliant blue background, bright yellow hair and striking red cape are colorful, they seem to compete for attention, and are stealing us away from her face/hands. I've tried to rebalance the elements somewhat @ sat levels to draw us more to her. Slight bit or CCW rotation and crop from the top & right.

Jan 15, 2013 at 02:14 PM
RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Any observations on this portrait?

I think you've done a nice job of presenting her character, but it looks a bit overdone.

Reds look a little hot, so I tried pulling back on the saturation some. Pulled back on the yellows and blues individually as well, trying to get a balance. I'm assuming that her hair is white rather than blonde, but I don't know if the warmth was by intent or inadvertent.

While the brilliant blue background, bright yellow hair and striking red cape are colorful, the seem to compete for attention, and stealing us away from her face/hands. I've tried to rebalance the elements somewhat @ sat levels to draw us more to her. Not sure how I've fared.

Jan 15, 2013 at 04:45 AM

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11270718 « Any observations on this portrait? »