Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Jman13's message #11269333 « Metabones Speed Booster »

Jman13
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Metabones Speedbooster

Makten wrote:
Jman13 wrote:
Oh...and negate ALL the size advantage that caused you to get a mirrorless camera in the first place

What?!?! Why would you do that? You can get a small APS-C camera and your FF lenses will do what they do on FF, albeit with a (hopefully) minor IQ loss.

Edit: I mean, most 35/2 FF lenses are smaller even with the adapter, than the Zeiss 24/1.8.

That's because the Zeiss 24/1.8 is stupidly large. Look at the Olympus 12mm f/2 or the Olympus 17mm f/1.8, and you'll see super compact. True, if you're going for FF equivalent DOF in your crop mirrorless, you're still going to need large lenses, but that's not needed for most people (or desired in some instances).

Anyway, my point was: while mirrorless bodies are much smaller than a big pro DSLR, the biggest savings for my kit is in the lenses. I went from carrying an 18 lb shoulder bag to carrying a 6 lb shoulder bag, with the same range and speed of lenses. Yeah, 2 lbs of that was the camera body, but a reduction from 18 lbs to 16 lbs isn't that significant. If you're using all your DSLR lenses with just a smaller body, you might as well just use your FF DSLR.

Jan 14, 2013 at 08:55 PM

Previous versions of Jman13's message #11269333 « Metabones Speed Booster »