Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11268454 « CS5 to CS6: What will I gain? »

RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Re: CS5 to CS6: What will I gain?

James_N wrote:

You can restore the old Crop Tool functionality by clicking the "gear wheel" in the Options bar, and selecting the "Classic Mode" from the drop down box that appears.

Nice.

I haven't found it to be too buggy (for my use) although I do get the occasional "can't save" error message. I simply flatten the file and SAVE AS, then Ctrl-Z to unflatten and resume. Minor inconvenience that I doesn't happen a lot, and I haven't figured out the reason yet, but not a show stopper.

Mr Mouse wrote: Adobe does such a poor job testing their code.

So would if be fair to suggest that the "bugginess" of CS6 vs. CS5 is consistent with Adobe's typical "bugginess" for any new offering and that CS6.5 might be worth waiting for if there is any grave concern over the bugs issue.

Jan 14, 2013 at 04:17 PM
RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Re: CS5 to CS6: What will I gain?

James_N wrote:

You can restore the old Crop Tool functionality by clicking the "gear wheel" in the Options bar, and selecting the "Classic Mode" from the drop down box that appears.

Nice.

I haven't found it to be too buggy (for my use) although I do get the occasional "can't save" error message. I simply flatten the file and SAVE AS, then Ctrl-Z to unflatten and resume. Minor inconvenience that I doesn't happen a lot, and I haven't figured out the reason yet, but not a show stopper.

Jan 14, 2013 at 03:53 PM

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11268454 « CS5 to CS6: What will I gain? »