Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of DukeK's message #11263527 « Cheer Photos: Why? Why Not? ... »

DukeK
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Cheer Photos: Why? Why Not? ...

Funny you post this because I have found something similar, on a much smaller scale, in my limited photography experience. I have shot cross country photos for the past few years for my kids HS XC teams. There are always a ton more "keepers" of certain athletes vs others. I have always wondered if the parents are thinking to themselves "why are there only 2 pics of my kid and 20 of another"?

Truth is, the kids with more pics are (usually) the better athletes that are at the front of the pack and (more importantly) have a stable look of determination on their face the entire race. The kids with the least photos are just plain not photogenic when they run, they look like somebody just stole their dog or they're running on broken glass, etc.. I had one poor girl that I rarely posted keepers of because she tended to have her tongue hanging out when she ran, lol.

Oh, and...

Which do you like best? Why? And do you see a place for these kinds of images in a gallery from a sporting event?
Love the smile on 5 and 8 and yes.

Jan 12, 2013 at 08:00 PM

Previous versions of DukeK's message #11263527 « Cheer Photos: Why? Why Not? ... »