Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Skarkowtsky's message #11263240 « Reality of today's photography market »

Skarkowtsky
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Reality of today's photography market

I think it's a balance, also depends on the market. If you're shooting advertising, you have to w edgy, but the agencies have to know you exist, so you need to spend an equal amount of time getting the work in front of the right people.

If you're shooting smaller clients, you can probably win over more potential clients with cutting edge work, one-on-one.

I build my relationships in my own, cold calling agencies, sweet talking my way to the right 'title' in the agency and hammering away emails, mailers, phone calls. My friends think I'm nuts, Bunin my experience, I couldn't rely on people I knew I get me work. I had to get it myself. And now, I don't owe any other photographers favors. Thats the way I like it.

Conversely, I have friends who have friends, etc. and that's how they get work, referrals.

There's no one way.

Jan 12, 2013 at 06:05 PM

Previous versions of Skarkowtsky's message #11263240 « Reality of today's photography market »